Drawing the Landscape by Chip Sullivan
This elegant Fourth Edition of Chip Sullivan′s classic Drawing the Landscape shows how to use drawing as a path towards understanding the natural and built environment.
BY BEA MARTIN
It offers guidance for tapping into and exploring the personal creative potential and helps readers master the essential principles, tools, and techniques required to prepare professional graphic representations in landscape architecture and architecture. It illustrates how to create a wide range of graphic representations using step–by–step tutorials, exercises and hundreds of samples.
From the Back Cover: Essential principles, tools, and techniques for rendering the natural and built environment
This beautiful new Fourth Edition of Chip Sullivan′s classic Drawing the Landscape shows how to use drawing as a path towards understanding the natural and built environment. It offers guidance for tapping into and exploring the personal creative potential and helps readers master the principles, tools, and techniques required to prepare professional graphic presentations in landscape architecture and architecture.
From quick sketches to highly finished works, from convincing perspective drawings to innovative freehand techniques, Drawing the Landscape explores a broad range of methods and media to help students and professionals communicate key design ideas as they express their own unique visions.
Stunningly illustrated, the Fourth Edition features:
- A new chapter on hybrid drawing, exploring techniques for enhancing hand drawings with digital media
- Access to video tutorials in which the author demonstrates techniques for drawing trees and plants; composing the landscape drawing; freehand perspective drawing; drawing the landscape in plan, elevation, and section; axonometric and isometric landscape drawing; animating the landscape; and more
- Updated illustrations, drawings, animation stills, mixed–media constructions, and the author′s highly acclaimed freehand drawings
- Step–by–step exercises and practical examples
- Solid advice on preparing design projects for professional competition
Landscape architecture professionals, architects, designers, artists, illustrators, and students turn to Drawing the Landscape for the skills and confidence to realize their creative potential.
About the Author
Chip Sullivan is a Professor of Landscape Architecture at the University of California, Berkeley. Numerous articles have been written by and about Prof. Sullivan, who continues to show his work in galleries across the country. He is the recipient of many prestigious awards, including the Rome Prize. Earlier in his career, he taught at Harvard University and worked at Sasaki Associates.
Paperback | Approx. £65 UK | ISBN 10: 1118454812 | 352 pp. | John Wiley & Sons | 4th Revised edition January 2014